Power Turkey

Turkish power generation reached 24.1TWh in September, up 13.8% y-o-y

Turkish power generation totalled 24.1TWh in September, down 13.5% m-o-m but 13.8% higher y-o-y. Overall, thermal generation totalled 18.5TWh, down 7.9% m-o-m but 21.7% higher y-o-y. However, this impressive annual increase was down to gas rather than coal power. Coal-fired generation declined to 4.8TWh, down 13.3% m-o-m and down 4.5% y-o-y. Lignite-fired generation totalled 3.4TWh, down 1.3% m-o-m but still was 9.4% higher y-o-y. On the other hand, gas-fired power output totalled 10TWh, down 7.5% m-o-m but a whopping 45.9% higher y-o-y.

Turkish renewable generation declined to 5.6TWh in September, down 30% m-o-m and down 6.3% y-o-y. This includes hydroelectric power generation, which decreased to 3.8TWh, down 21.5% m-o-m and down 9.5% y-o-y. Power generation from other renewables totalled 1.8TWh, down 42.7% m-o-m and just 1% higher y-o-y.


Turkish power generation increased to 219.6TWh over the first 9 months of the year, up 7.7% y-o-y. Thermal power generation increased to 152.2TWh, up 12.9% y-o-y. Coal-fired output increased to 40.6TWh, up 4.3% y-o-y, while lignite generation increased to 29.6TWh, up 6.8% y-o-y. Gas-fired generation increased to 78.3TWh, up 19.8% y-o-y.

Renewable generation declined to 69.1TWh over the Jan.- Sept. period, down 3.1% y-o-y. This includes hydro generation, which declined to 48.6TWh, down 9% y-o-y. On the other hand, power generation from other renewable sources such as wind, solar and biomass increased to 20.5TWh, up 31.2% y-o-y.

Source: TEIAS

%d bloggers like this: